There are so many online companies to choose from. Click on one offer, wait 2 minutes and there’s another one. No wonder everyone has S.B.S…Shiny Ball Syndrome.
Most of them boast about how you can start for free and make $10,000+ your first month. Shame on them for being misleading and shame on you for believing that is even possible if you are new to online marketing.
Then the company that you joined for free tells you that you need to spend money to make money and you become incensed. How dare they ask me for money! They said it was free! Scam! I’m going to find a company I can start for free!
Well good luck with that! Every business requires money to run it. Money for advertising, money for websites, blogs, hosting and domain names and possible inventory.
It appears as if most people wait until they have lost their jobs or have had a health crisis before looking to build a business. When your back is up against the wall it is very hard to make good decisions about anything.
So what is a person suppose to do?
Here are some tips about online marketing that might help.
- DO NOT wait to start a business until you have no money. You need to be able to pay your basic bills so that the stress is off that part of your life. Keep your current job until your business is ramped up and making enough money to replace your income before you quit.
- Need extra money to start your biz? Try selling all of the things in your house that you don’t use. I sold my T.V. for 2 reasons. First I found my t.v. to be a huge time waster. The time I stared blankly at a show could have been used far more wisely. Secondly it paid for a considerable amount of advertising which also furthered my business.
- Take a look at your budget and where you can cut corners. For awhile you may need to stop eating out, stop buying expensive coffees, make a wardrobe budget that includes only necessities, etc. Paring down your expenses does not mean you will always have to do that. ” Give up what you want now so you can have more of what you want later.”
- If a company offers you a free trial for something, then that is exactly what it is…a free trial. It allows you to check the business out and see if that’s what you want to put your heart and soul into. They are not trying to scam you. You have to be logical about things. There is no business out there you can start and run with zero dollars. None! Unlike brick & mortar stores, online businesses are far less expensive to run and most can be done from home which is a huge advantage for sure.
- Pick 1 business and stick to it. Running around and starting multiple businesses when you are a newbie is probably a bad idea. There is a learning curve with any business so if you have 2 or 3 businesses on the go none will get the attention they need to be successful. Once you have your first business running smoothly then move on to another one. Expect, as a person new to online marketing, that you will need to allow approximately a year to make a business successful.
- Be consistent. Making your business successful will take work, money and consistency. You can’t work on your business for 5 hours one day, then tackle it again in a month and expect results. Block out an hour or 2 a day and work on it.
7. Take a deep breath and relax. It’s stressful doing something new and outside of your comfort zone. Realize it will take time. Don’t try to learn everything in 1 day. Take your time and learn something new everyday.
8. Ask for help when needed. Most companies have Facebook groups. Ask specific questions when you have exhausted all your other resources. Youtube is a great source for learning specific things. Align yourself with positive, like minded people. You are the sum of the 5 people you associate with the most.
Yes, there are companies and people online that are more than willing to take your money and run. That’s where you come in. Do your due diligence. Make sure the company aligns with your belief system and you are passionate about the product. Check out their Facebook page. Don’t automatically assume they are shysters.
On your end make a commitment and stick to it. Trying to make a go of a business for 2 weeks is not worth anything. Go after results…money will always follow. Stop dreaming and start doing. Above all…..never, ever quit!