You signed up for a new business and you are freaking out!
What do I do now?
Totally understandable. Been there, done that.
Every business needs advertising to survive.
Here are some ideas for you:
- Free advertising. If you don’t have money to advertise then expect your business to take a lot longer to make money. There are a ton of people out there trying to do the same thing you are. I’m not saying it can’t work that way but be patient.
- Solo ads. Solo ads can be awesome and not awesome. You have to research your solo ad providers. What are the ratings? Do they get sales? You want to make sure they are continually updating their mailing list and that they have a responsive list.They can be a relatively inexpensive form of advertising starting around 40 cents per click.
- Bing PPC ads. Great tool for advertising but you need to put some work into this. They have great videos so if you are willing to learn then watch the videos before venturing into this type of advertising.
- NFL club. This is the least desirable of all. No Friends Left club. If your family and friends love your company and can get value from it that’s great! If not, please leave them alone. Remember…this is YOUR business and it is not their obligation to make it successful for you.
- Facebook ads. This a tough one. They can be very valuable but you need to know what you’re doing. I would suggest you watch some Facebook ad training on YouTube before attempting this. Otherwise, make yourself a business page, ask your friends to like & share it and work on that. Watch posting landing page links, etc as Facebook has a way of banning people if the link does not adhere to their rules.
- YouTube. Making YouTube videos about your business can be a great way to advertise your business. You can create videos on your product, your business, you can do training videos or simple information videos. It allows people to get to know you.
- Get comfortable with Twitter and LinkedIn and Instagram. Any type of social media platform can be used for free. Again, watch what links you promote so you don’t get banned.
- Start a blog. Buying a domain name and hosting is relatively inexpensive and it is a great way to keep people informed about your biz. Make sure you have a way for people to “opt in” so you can gather their email address and keep them updated.
- Join groups of like minded people on Facebook or other forums. Don’t be spammy though. Make sure your interactions are helpful.
- Make sure you have an auto responder. When you start advertising and people are giving you their emails you need somewhere for those emails to go. An auto responder will capture the emails and allow you to efficiently send out information to everyone on your list in one fell swoop.
This is just a snippet of what’s out there for advertising. You can start with some of the ideas above and expand from there.
As with starting anything new, take your time and don’t overwhelm yourself. If you are new to online then start with one form of advertising and move on once you have mastered it. Once you have some experience under your belt then, by all means, you can be doing a variety of different advertising at one time.
If you have any questions for me please feel free to email me.
I hope you have a fantastic day!